The Westmount SAC is responsible for the following:
– Providing all members of the school community with a voice.
– Providing advice on school policies. The objective of school policies is to promote balanced and diversified educational opportunities in a healthy, secure and respectful environment.
– Promoting academic excellence.
– Assisting in the development of strategies and methodologies to improve and
support the extra-curricular programs and special projects in the school.
– Advising the principal on school issues related to curriculum and programs,
school practices and policies.
– Advising the School Board on the curriculum and programs, student support services, policy development, funding, communication strategies and other matters of interest to Westmount.
– Holding regular, open public meetings.
– Participating in the selection of the Principal of Westmount School in accordance
with provincial and school board policies.
– Serving on the discipline review committee to deal with student suspensions in accordance with provincial and school board policies.